Data protection statement
Data protection statement
1. What we do
Clinic Profilance operates this website (hereinafter referred to as “we”). On this website you can find out more about our organization, use our online services and get in touch with us.
The protection of your personal data is very important to us. In this data protection declaration, we inform you transparently and comprehensibly about what data we collect via our website and how we handle it.
2. What we inform you about
- What data is collected on this website;
- Under what conditions we process your data and for what purpose;
- How long we keep your data;
- When disclosure to third parties is permitted;
- How we process your data (“individual data processing operations”);
- When and how you can object to data processing;
- What rights you have and how you can assert them.
3. What is editing personal data?
Processing means any handling of personal data, regardless of the means and procedures used, in particular the acquisition, storage, retention, use, modification, disclosure, archiving, deletion or destruction of data.
4. What is disclosing personal data?
This is the transmission or making available of personal data, for example publication or disclosure to a third party.
5. Contact us
If you have any questions or concerns about how we protect your data, you can contact us by email at any time. Responsible for the data processing carried out via this website is:
Dr. John Malina
6. General principles
6.1 What data do we collect from you and from whom do we receive this data
We primarily process personal data that you provide to us or that we collect when operating our website. We may also receive personal information about you from third parties. These can be the following categories:
- Personal master data (name, address, dates of birth, etc.);
- Contact details (mobile phone number, email address, etc.);
- Financial data (e.g. account details);
- sound and image recordings;
- particularly sensitive data (e.g. biometric data or information about your health).
If, in exceptional cases, we are unable to comply with these principles, data processing may still be lawful because there is a justification. The following can be considered as justification:
- your consent;
- the implementation of a contract or pre-contractual measures;
- our legitimate interests, unless your interests outweigh them.
If you have given us your consent to process your personal data for specific purposes, we will process your data within the scope of this consent unless we have other justification.
You can revoke your consent at any time and send an email to the address given in the legal notice. Data processing that has already taken place is not affected by this.
6.4 Third Party Service Providers
We may rely on the services of third parties or affiliated companies to process your data. We contractually ensure that third parties and affiliated companies comply with data protection requirements. Under certain circumstances we are also obliged to disclose your data to authorities. We only share your personal information if:
- you have consented;
- this is necessary to fulfill the contract or carry out pre-contractual measures and to enforce our rights;
- there is a legal obligation to do so;
- we have a legitimate interest in doing so and your interests do not outweigh these.
Under certain circumstances, your personal data may be transferred to companies abroad as part of order processing. These companies are committed to data protection to the same extent as we are. The transmission can take place worldwide.
If the level of data protection does not correspond to that of the EEA area, we carry out a prior risk assessment and contractually ensure that the same protection as in the EEA area is guaranteed (e.g. by means of the EU Commission’s new standard contractual clauses or other legally required measures ). If our risk assessment is negative, we will take additional technical measures to protect your data. You can access the EU Commission’s standard contractual clauses here .
We only retain personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the individual purposes for which the data was collected.
Data that we store when you visit our website will be retained for twelve months. An exception applies to analysis and tracking data, which can be retained for longer periods.
We store contract data for longer because we are obliged to do so by legal regulations. In particular, we must store business communications, concluded contracts and booking documents for up to 10 years. If we no longer need such data from you to carry out the services, the data will be blocked and we will only use it for accounting and tax purposes.
6.6 Data Protection
We will keep your information secure and take all reasonable measures to protect your information from loss, access, misuse or alteration.
Our contractual partners and employees who have access to your data are obliged to comply with data protection regulations. In some cases it will be necessary for us to pass on your requests to companies affiliated with us. Even in these cases, your data will be treated confidentially.
Within our website we use the SSL process (Secure Socket Layer) in conjunction with the highest level of encryption supported by your browser.
a. right of providing information
You can request information about the data we have stored about you at any time. We ask you to send your request for information together with proof of identity to the email address on the contact page.
You also have the right to receive your data in a common file format if we process your data automatically, and if
- you have given your consent for the processing of this data; or
- You have disclosed data in connection with the conclusion or processing of a contract.
We may restrict or refuse to provide information or data release if this conflicts with our legal obligations, legitimate own or public interests or the interests of a third party.
The processing of your application is subject to the statutory processing period of 30 days. However, we may extend this deadline due to a high volume of inquiries, for legal or technical reasons or because we need further information from you. You will be informed about the extension of the deadline in a timely manner, at least in text form.
b. Deletion and correction
You have the option to request the deletion or correction of your data at any time. We can reject the request if legal regulations require us to store it for a longer period of time or without changes or if there is a permit that conflicts with your request.
Please note that exercising your rights may, under certain circumstances, conflict with contractual agreements and have corresponding effects on the execution of the contract (e.g. premature termination of the contract or cost consequences).
c. Legal recourse
If you are affected by the processing of personal data, you have the right to enforce your rights in court or to submit a report to the responsible supervisory authority. The responsible supervisory authority in Switzerland is the Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner: http://www.edoeb.admin.ch .
7. Individual data processing operations
7.1 Website and log files
By visiting this website, certain data will be automatically stored on our servers or on servers of services and products that we purchase and/or have installed for system administration purposes, for statistical or backup purposes or for tracking purposes. It is about:
- the name of your internet service provider;
- your IP address (under certain circumstances);
- the version of your browser software;
- the operating system of the computer used to access the URL;
- the date and time of access;
- the website from which you are visiting URL;
- the search words you used to find URL.
This data cannot be assigned to a specific person and this data is not merged with other data sources. The log files are stored to guarantee the functionality of the website and to ensure the security of our information technology systems. This is our legitimate interest. The data will only be stored for as long as is necessary to achieve the purpose of your collection. Accordingly, the data will be deleted at the end of each session. The storage of log files is absolutely necessary for the operation of the website, so you have no opportunity to object to this.
7.2 Web tracking with Friendly Analytics
- About Friendly Analytics: We use Friendly Analytics, a web analytics tool specifically designed for privacy friendliness and based in Switzerland. Further information can be found at Friendly.ch .
- Data processing by Friendly Analytics: Friendly Analytics helps us understand how visitors use our website by collecting anonymous data such as page views, time spent on the page and the origin of traffic. This information is stored on servers in Switzerland.
- Purpose of data collection: The data collected by Friendly Analytics is used to improve the user experience on our website and to understand what content is most relevant to our visitors.
7.3 Contact by email
You have the option of contacting us by email. If you contact us by email, the following data will be processed:
- E-mail address;
- Content, subject and date of your email;
- Contact details provided by you (e.g. name, telephone number if applicable, address).
Your details will be stored by us in order to process your request and in case of follow-up questions. Pre-contractual measures or our legitimate interests in completing the request serve as justification.
We would like to point out that emails can be read or changed during transmission without authorization and without being noticed. The spam filter can be used to reject emails if they have been identified as spam by certain characteristics.
7.4 Success and reach measurement
Our notifications and communications may contain web links or web beacons that record whether an individual communication was opened and which web links were clicked. Such web links and web beacons can also record the use of notifications and messages on a personal basis.
We need this statistical recording of usage to measure success and reach in order to be able to offer notifications and messages based on the needs and reading habits of the recipients effectively and user-friendly as well as permanently, securely and reliably.